Tool Clamping Solutions
Schunk Power Lathe Chuck (ROTA NCX) - ISO 702-4
3-jaw power lathe chuck with jaw quick-change system for small batch sizes and the easiest exchange of existing lathe chucks with fine serration. 100 % compatible with the power lathe chuck of the Kitagawa BB200 series.
Definition clamping force
The clamping force is the arithmetic sum of the individual forces occuring at the chuck jaws, distance “H“ at maximum pressure and maximum torque. The specifications exclusively refer to the grease used by SCHUNK.
- 3-jaw wedge-bar chuck
- Jaw quick-change system
- Spindle holder: ISO 702-1 Nr. 5 (Z140), Nr.6 (Z170), Nr.8 (Z220) & Nr.11 (Z300)
- Jaw interface: Angled serration
|Characterization||ID||O.D- Diameter||Spindle Type||Spindle Size||Serration||Max. RPM(1/min)||Max.clamping force(kN)||Max. actuating force |
|Stroke/jaw(mm)||Tooth Pitch(mm)||Piston stroke (H) |
|Moment of inertia |
|ROTA-NCX 165-53 Z140-SFGX||0800800||165 mm||ISO 702-4||Nr.5 (Z140)||Angled Serration||6000||50||33||3||2||13||0.04||11|
|ROTA-NCX 210-66 Z170-SFGX||0800810||210 mm||ISO 702-4||Nr.6 (Z170)||Angled Serration||5000||80||45||4.2||3||18||0.12||18|
|ROTA-NCX 260-81 Z220-SFGX||0800820||260 mm||ISO 702-4||Nr.8 (Z220)||Angled Serration||4500||128||68||5||3.4||21||0.33||38|
|ROTA-NCX 315-106 Z300-SFGX||0800830||315 mm||ISO 702-4||Nr.11 (Z300)||Angled Serration||3500||155||88||6.3||4||25||0.82||59|
- Convenient jaw quick-change system - Minimizing set-up times and costs
- Large through-hole - Machining of all standard pipe diameters
- High efficiency of the wedge bar system - Process-reliable clamping due to high clamping forces
- High jaw quick-change repeatability - No reboring of already machined jaws necessary
- Optimized lubrication system - Consistently high clamping forces are ensured
- Interface 100% compatible with power chucks of the Kitagawa BB200 series - Exchange of the existing Kitagawa chucks can be done within short time
- Blank draw nut which can be disassembled and removed is integrated in the chuck - Turning for draw tube threads or replacement of the already turned center sleeve
- All functional parts are ground and hardened - High run-out and jaw change repeat accuracy
Quick-change chuck for lathes with short-stroke cylinder
Following the previous success of the SCHUNK wedge-bar power chuck, SCHUNK is now transferring the principle of quick jaw changes to CNC lathes with short-stroke cylinder. These are installed specifically on lathes from the Asian region. Particularly when it comes to optimizing production processes, the ROTA NCX stands out as an attractive production turbo due to its integrated jaw change system.
Due to the quick-change system repeated turning of the chuck jaws is no more necessary. In order to increase operational reliability it is fitted with a jaw presence monitor. Only when the base jaws are properly engaged in the serration of the wedge bar can the wrench be easily removed from the chuck.