ECOROLL FAK Deep Rolling Tools
Deep rolling induces residual compressive stresses in the boundary layers At the same time through plastically shaping, the fatigue strength is increased and the surface smoothened. With certain limitations, residual stresses as well as dislocation densities are able to be specifically controlled through the process parameters and design of tool. For this reason deep rolling represents an efficient process for increasing the strength of highly stressed components.
ECOROLL deep rolling tools improve components for the following industries:
- Chemical industry / oil industry (stress corrosion).
- Energy industry (turbines, wind power stations, combustion engines)
- Road and rail vehicle construction.
In addition, deep rolling tools machine internal and external concave fillets, contours and thread root radii.
- For use on CNC turning, drilling, milling machines and machining centers, or on conventional machine tools.
- Short primary processing times, machining in one chucking
- Reliable method
- Great precision
- Deep rolls fillets with the plunge-in process.
- Deep rolls contours or large fillets with the in-feed process.
- Roller unit includes axial/radial bearings for the in-feed process.
- Rolling force monitored by a dial gauge or sensor.
- For use with CNC-controlled or conventional lathes.
- Complete processing in one setting.
- Symmetrical construction allows either right- or left-hand operation.
- Rotates in either direction.
- Type FAK deep rolling tools consist of a tool body equipped with a shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a dial gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection.
- An optional device transmits the values by cable or wireless signal to an external indicator.
- The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body.
- The flexible roller holder moves in response to the radial or axial rolling forces on either side of the tool. The roller holder contains a finely machined, hardened roller with two tapered roller bearings.