FA Deep Rolling Tools
Deep rolling induces residual compressive stresses in the boundary layers At the same time through plastically shaping, the fatigue strength is increased and the surface smoothened. With certain limitations, residual stresses as well as dislocation densities are able to be specifically controlled through the process parameters and design of tool. For this reason deep rolling represents an efficient process for increasing the strength of highly stressed components.
ECOROLL deep rolling tools improve components for the following industries:
- Chemical industry / oil industry (stress corrosion).
- Energy industry (turbines, wind power stations, combustion engines)
- Road and rail vehicle construction.
In addition, deep rolling tools machine internal and external concave fillets, contours and thread root radii.
- For use on CNC turning, drilling, milling machines and machining centers, or on conventional machine tools.
- Short primary processing times, machining in one chucking
- Reliable method
- Great precision
These deep rolling tools are therefore suited like no other kind of tool, for efficient and economical deep rolling of dynamically stressed external threads as used in e.g. the oil industry.
- For use on CNC lathe
- The FA tools are characterized by their solid design i.e. no deep rolling forces are transferred to the machine tool. Because the design is similar to a C-frame, the forces are absorbed by the tool.
- Deep rolling forces of up to 60 kN are provided.
- All plastically shapeable metals up to a breaking strength of 1400 N/mm² or a yield point of 1200 N/mm² are capable being deep rolled.
- With automatic adjustment, conical threads can also be machined.