EG90 Single Roller Tools
ECOROLL single-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. They machine a wide range of complex contours and surfaces such as concave fillets and grooves as well as cylindrical and conical outer surfaces and bores.
These tools comprise series EG, EF and FAK. EG tools are divided into tool families EG5, EG14, EG45 and EG90. They burnish cylindrical outer surfaces and bores, conical bores, plane surfaces and fillets. For deep rolling of fillets and thread root radii EF, FAK and FA tools are used.
Single-roller tools consist of a tool body equipped with a tool shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection. The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body.
With these tools for example bores, con rods, housings, axles and flywheels are able to be machined.
- Machining of all symmetrically rotating, straight surfaces as well cylinders, external tapers and internal cones.
- Attainable surface finish Rz < 1 micron.
- Processing of all metallic materials with a maximum hardness of HRC = 45.
- Complete processing in one setting.
- Short primary processing time.
- For use with either CNC-controlled or conventional lathes.
- A special advantage is the overhung layout of the roller in feeding direction, allowing a treating of the work piece close to the shoulders of adjacent faces.
- Tool consists mainly of tool body equipped with a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction.
- Additional parts of tool body: Tension rod, tool holder, connection, leaf springs, roller head, roller holder, dial gauge.
- Special version: Position sensor.