EG5 Single Roller Tools
ECOROLL single-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. They machine a wide range of complex contours and surfaces such as concave fillets and grooves as well as cylindrical and conical outer surfaces and bores.
These tools comprise series EG, EF and FAK. EG tools are divided into tool families EG5, EG14, EG45 and EG90. They burnish cylindrical outer surfaces and bores, conical bores, plane surfaces and fillets. For deep rolling of fillets and thread root radii EF, FAK and FA tools are used.
Single-roller tools consist of a tool body equipped with a tool shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection. The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body.
With these tools for example bores, con rods, housings, axles and flywheels are able to be machined.
- Machining of external cylindrical and conical surfaces, external and internal plane surfaces as well as cylindrical and conical bores (a special type is required for machining conical surfaces).
- Can be used on CNC or conventional lathes
- Machining in a chuck
- Attainable surface finish Rz < 1 micron (Ra = 0.2 micron)
- Processing of all metallic materials with a tensile strength of up to 1400 N/mm2 and a maximum hardness of HRC = 45
- Can be used as right or left-handed tool
- Both directions of rotation possible
- Short primary processing time
- Elimination of set-up times and downtimes
- No occurrence of dust and slurry
- Only nominal lubrication required (oil or emulsion)
- Stepless roller pressure adjustment using infeed support
- Consistent and controlled machining results through measurement of roller pressure
- Face of the roller free, thus enabling machining close to shoulders and other edges
- Roller head guidance without play and low-friction
- Universally useable through modular system
- Simple replacement of wear parts
- Two replacement rollers are included in scope of supply
- Type EG5 single roller burnishing tools consist of a tool body equipped with a tool shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection.
- An optional device transmits the values by cable or wireless signal to an external indicator.
- The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body. It consists of a cage, which contains and guides the burnishing roller, and a support roller with a large-scale needle bearing.
- The cage also contains two spare rollers.
- Tool design includes fixed roller clearance angle ∝.