ECOROLL Skiving Heads - Type SK & GZ
Type SK: – Skiving head. – Tool retainer.
Type GZ: – Burnishing head. – Adjusting device. – Tool retainer.
- Skiving and roller burnishing run as separate, subsequent processes.
- Generally used on deep hole drilling machines.
- For short cylinders (L/Ø ≤ 15), complete processing with tool types SKIO and GZ on CNC-controlled lathes and machining centers possible (see the following chapter).
– For fi nish processing or preparation for roller burnishing .
– High performance indexable inserts.
– Any metal material that can be plastically formed, with hardnesses up to 42 to 45 HRC, can be roller burnished.
– Used on deep hole drilling machines.
– After the process, the burnishing head automatically retracts and the tool can be quickly removed without damaging the workpiece.
- ECOROLL's SK skiving head is used in combination with the internal roller burnishing tool type GZ for finish machining cylinder liners.
- Skiving and burnishing are separate processes.
- For use on deep-hole boring machines with BTA boring systems.
- Used as finish machining or as preparation for roller burnishing.
- Good adherence to pre-set bore axis due to radial floating skiver.
- High-performance indexable cutting insert.
- Reliable function, high degree of accuracy.
- Depending on the workpiece, diameter tolerances of IT8 to IT9 are possible.
- Good compliance with pre-defined bore axis by radially floating knives.
– Can achieve a surface quality of RZ = 5 – 20 µm.
– Radially fl oating skiving knife allows good adherence to the specifi ed bore axis.
– Can achieve a surface quality of RZ < 1 µm.
– Short cycle time. – Diameter adjustment is easy and reproducible.
– Wear parts are easy to exchange.