Single Roller Burnishing Tools
FAK Single Roller Tools
ECOROLL single-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. They machine a wide range of complex contours and surfaces such as concave fillets and grooves as well as cylindrical and conical outer surfaces and bores.
These tools comprise series EG, EF and FAK. EG tools are divided into tool families EG5, EG14, EG45 and EG90. They burnish cylindrical outer surfaces and bores, conical bores, plane surfaces and fillets. For deep rolling of fillets and thread root radii EF, FAK and FA tools are used.
Single-roller tools consist of a tool body equipped with a tool shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection. The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body.
With these tools for example bores, con rods, housings, axles and flywheels are able to be machined.
- Deep rolls fillets with the plunge-in process.
- Deep rolls contours or large fillets with the in-feed process.
- Roller unit includes axial/radial bearings for the in-feed process.
- Rolling force monitored by a dial gauge or sensor.
- For use with CNC-controlled or conventional lathes.
- Complete processing in one setting.
- Symmetrical construction allows either right- or left-hand operation.
- Rotates in either direction.
- Type FAK deep rolling tools consist of a tool body equipped with a shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a dial gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection.
- An optional device transmits the values by cable or wireless signal to an external indicator.
- The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body.
- The flexible roller holder moves in response to the radial or axial rolling forces on either side of the tool. The roller holder contains a finely machined, hardened roller with two tapered roller bearings.