Single Roller Burnishing Tools
EG5T Single Roller Tools
ECOROLL single-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. They machine a wide range of complex contours and surfaces such as concave fillets and grooves as well as cylindrical and conical outer surfaces and bores.
These tools comprise series EG, EF and FAK. EG tools are divided into tool families EG5, EG14, EG45 and EG90. They burnish cylindrical outer surfaces and bores, conical bores, plane surfaces and fillets. For deep rolling of fillets and thread root radii EF, FAK and FA tools are used.
Single-roller tools consist of a tool body equipped with a tool shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection. The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring-loaded section of the tool body.
With these tools for example bores, con rods, housings, axles and flywheels are able to be machined.
- Economic roller burnishing of all surfaces of rotational symmetry with straight limits.
- For use on CNC- and conventional lathes.
- Also for use on plain lathes.
- Achievable surface quality: Rz < 1 micron (Ra ≤ 2 micron).
- Machining of all metallic materials with tensile strength up to 1400 N/mm2 and a maximum hardness of HRC ≤ 45.
- Versatile, compact, cost-efficient.
- Short primary processing time.
- Machining in one setting, elimination of set-up times and downtimes.
- Tool holder.
- Supporting roller.
- Roller holder (can be rotated by 180°).