Multi Roller Burnishing Tools
ECOROLL RKAK - Multi Roller Tools
ECOROLL multi-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. Types G, R and RA machine cylindrical through and blind bores, stepped bores and cylindrical external surfaces including similar non-cylindrical surfaces. . RP, RK, RKA and RKAK tools are designed for plane surfaces, cones and spherical surfaces.
RH/RHA tools deep roll fillets and chamfers. FA tools deep roll large thread root radii.
All ECOROLL multi-roller tools can be used on CNC turning, drilling or milling machines and machining centers or on conventional machine tools. They can be characterised by reliable functioning and high precision. Adjustment of diameters is very convenient, and only nominal lubrication is required. Futhermore, replacement of wear parts is very simple. This uncomplicated maintenance and short primary processing times enable significant time savings.
- Exclusively applicable on CNC-lathes with turret for driven tools. Driven swivel head required (fixed or adjustable).
- Processing of all metallic materials with a tensile strength of up to 1400 N/mm2 and a maximum hardness of HRC = 45.
- Attainable surface finish Rz < 1 micron (Ra ≤ 0.1 micron).
- During the roller burnishing process, the rollers are pressed against the spherical workpiece surface. This movement applies the required burnishing force (F), which is generated by the springs. The workpiece’s rotational speed determines the feed rate.
- Complete processing in one setting.
- Economic due to short work cycle.
- Extraneous set-up and auxilliary processing time eliminated.
- No dust or grinding residue.
- Minimal lubrication required (oil or emulsion).
- Low energy consumption.
- Consists of compact tool body and roller head.
- Tool body equipped with disc springs, individually configured by ECOROLL based on the machining task.
- Main component of tool body: Adjustable tool shank.
- Configuration of roller head depending on workpiece dimensions.