Multi Roller Burnishing Tools
RA - Multi Roller Tools
ECOROLL multi-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. Types G, R and RA machine cylindrical through and blind bores, stepped bores and cylindrical external surfaces including similar non-cylindrical surfaces. . RP, RK, RKA and RKAK tools are designed for plane surfaces, cones and spherical surfaces.
RH/RHA tools deep roll fillets and chamfers. FA tools deep roll large thread root radii.
All ECOROLL multi-roller tools can be used on CNC turning, drilling or milling machines and machining centers or on conventional machine tools. They can be characterised by reliable functioning and high precision. Adjustment of diameters is very convenient, and only nominal lubrication is required. Futhermore, replacement of wear parts is very simple. This uncomplicated maintenance and short primary processing times enable significant time savings.
- Can be used up to tolerance class IT8
- For tolerances up to IT11 the special model RAP with pressure controlled expansion is available
- Processing of all metallic materials with a tensile strength of 1400 N/mm2 and a maximum hardness of HRC ≤ 45
- Attainable surface finish Rz < 1 micron (Ra = 0.2 micron)
- Can be used on CNC turning, drilling or milling machines and machining centers or on conventional machine tools.
- Machining direction thrust with clockwise rotation
- Reliable function; high precision
- Short primary processing time
- Convenient stepless diameter adjustment
- Only nominal lubrication required (oil or emulsion)
- Automatic release for tool withdrawal avoids damage to the burnished surface
- Simple replacement of wear parts
- RA tools are supplied with solid cylindrical shafts Morse taper shafts are available as a special design.
- Roller heads are interchangeable within the diameter range.