Multi Roller Burnishing Tools
ECOROLL R - Multi Roller Tools
ECOROLL multi-roller tools are usually used for roller burnishing. Types G, R and RA machine cylindrical through and blind bores, stepped bores and cylindrical external surfaces including similar non-cylindrical surfaces. . RP, RK, RKA and RKAK tools are designed for plane surfaces, cones and spherical surfaces.
RH/RHA tools deep roll fillets and chamfers. FA tools deep roll large thread root radii.
All ECOROLL multi-roller tools can be used on CNC turning, drilling or milling machines and machining centers or on conventional machine tools. They can be characterised by reliable functioning and high precision. Adjustment of diameters is very convenient, and only nominal lubrication is required. Futhermore, replacement of wear parts is very simple. This uncomplicated maintenance and short primary processing times enable significant time savings.
Through bores; diameters 201 – 450 mm
Blind bores; diameters 201 – 450
- Can be used up to tolerance class IT8
- Processing of all metallic materials with a tensile strength of up to 1400 N/mm2 and a maximum hardness of HRC = 45
- Attainable surface finish Rz < 1 micron (Ra = 0.2 micron)
- Can be used on CNC turning, drilling or milling machines and machining centers or on conventional machine tools.
- Machining direction thrust with clockwise rotation
- For machining bores with large-size circular grooves or cross holes special shaped burnishing rollers are available to provide unproblematic withdrawal of the tool.
- Short primary processing time.
- Convenient adjustment of diameter in 1 micron stages.
- Only nominal lubrication required (oil or emulsion).
- Automatic release for tool withdrawal avoids damage to the burnished surface.
- Simple replacement of wear parts.
- Type R tools consist of a tool body and roller head.
- Tool body includes shank and diameter adjustment assembly.
- Adjustment assembly accommodates any size within the setting range.
- Specially designed rollers for bores with wide ring grooves or with cross holes. These rollers guarantee smooth tool operation and retraction