AC Table Model Metal Disintegrators
Electro Arc AC Table Model Metal Disintegrated (1-SV Series)
- Versatile, larger worktop
- All four models salvage parts without damage in minutes – disintegrate broken screws, fasteners, bolts and taps – no heat distortion or thread damage
- Vertically-set double crossarms provide rigidity, make positioning easy
- Choose IQ head or Arc•er Head
- Choose Auto Feed or Manual Feed
- Choose from four power supply options
- Big 40 x 32” work surface
- Easy to secure parts to the work surface
- Minimal maintenance required
-Work top 40” x 32” (1020 x 820mm)
-Capacity: 4000 lb (1912 kg)
-Column 2-3/4” (70 mm) dia. x 50” (1270 mm) high
-Double Crossarms 36” (914 mm) x 1-1/2” (38 mm)
1-SV ARC•ER Head
1-SVT ARC•ER Head, Auto Feed
1-SVQ IQ Head
1-SVQT IQ Head, Auto Feed
Features of all our AC tabletop machines:
Tabletop (Work Support)
• Solid cast, ground worktop
• T-Slots that accept T-bolts for anchoring workpieces
• Troughs to catch and recycle coolant from the process.
• Supports the worktop at a convenient height
• Holds the power supply, coolant system and control panel
• Heavy-duty casters for easy movement around the shop
• Levelers for stability in operation
Built-in Coolant System
• Provides coolant for the disintegration process
• Worktop captures coolant for recycling
• Internal pump provides 90 psi coolant pressure
• Internal tank with filter
Superstructure (Head Support)
• Sturdy, firmly-mounted column
• Single or double crossarm rises, swings and extends
• Rigidly supports operating head all over work surface.
Metal Disintegrators or MDM machines are manufactured for the specific purpose of removing broken tools from work pieces. The metal disintegration process removes a tap, bolt or drill leaving the hole intact and allowing a part to be reclaimed.
The difference between MDM and EDM is speed, cost and accuracy. MDM removes material very fast. MDM uses a spark erosion process commonly used for destructive cutting. Typical application includes broken tool extraction (taps, drills, reamers, drill bits) metallurgical sample excavation and bolt removal. There is no faster or efficient or cost effective method to remove broken tools, studs or fasteners than MDM.
Using an EDM to remove broken tooling is possible, but it is time-consuming and has limitations. First, the part has to be small enough to fit in the dielectric fluid container. Second, an EDM machine will take hours to extract a 3/8” tap, where an MDM will take just minutes. Third, the MDM process does not require submersion of the part. Lastly, EDM machines are significantly more expensive than MDMs and tying up an expensive production machine with tooling extraction could be costly.